Method Community

six step package

Last post 04-01-2013 10:41 AM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2013 1:42 PM

six step package

How would you go about scheludeing a six application lawn treatment program?

• 02-21-2013 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: six step package

Answer

Hi Marcelo,

You can do this by creating a recurring series of work orders.  When creating the Work Order, you click the recurring checkbox for recurring dates.  This will allow you to create a series of work orders.  You can setup the occurrences based on a number of different options, including weekly, monthly and variable occurrences.  Depending on how you want your treatment program scheduled, perhaps a project would be the best bet.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-21-2013 3:30 PM In reply to

But this way all six applications will have the same job name, and they will have an exact date.

Ideally, should be each application with a different name and should be on a waiting list, since we do not know the exact date of the application

• 02-21-2013 4:51 PM In reply to

Answer

Marcelo,

In my example they do, but that can be edited in the grid.  You will need a date to create the work order but it won't have to be the exact date. This is needed because it is a required field in the table.  You cannot create the work order without it. Using the project, you can set the occurrences to a status of 'Waiting on Someone Else', this will put the Work Orders in the Waiting List.  Then, as they are completed, you can update the next work order in the series with the date scheduled.

After this is created, you can use the "Copy Select" button to copy that exact project for other customers.

It will take you to this screen, where you select the customer to copy the work order to.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-30-2013 1:49 PM In reply to

Can every step or application have a different 'job item" ?

If I create a Step#1 (item service from QB), and have an invetory item 20-8-8 fertilizer, can step#2 have a differente job item?

I see how I can create the 6 occurrences and change the name, but I don't see how I can change the job item. If this can't be done.

How would I schedule a 6 step program?

• 04-01-2013 10:41 AM In reply to

Hi Marcelo,

You can't change the actual job item from the Recurring Dates tab.  Remember that the other occurrences in the series are not automatically given a job item when created for this very reason, as the job items can change depending on the time of year the recurring work order is scheduled or the nature of the series (in your case a project). You can certainly update the individual occurrence and give it the proper job item.  In your example, you can edit the occurrence for job name: step #2, and give it a different job item than job #1.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)