Method Community

Work orders

Last post 02-25-2013 11:22 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2013 1:59 PM

Work orders

I made a copy of the work order list screen and I want to edit the new screen, to be able to assing the work orders to fixed items assets instead of customers.

So I can schelude work orders to a piece of equipment.

Any ideas?

• 02-25-2013 9:07 AM In reply to

Re: Work orders

Hi Marcelo,

If your goal is to assign equipment to a work order, our stock screen has this option.  When you go to Add/Edit Work Order - Tasks and Materials tab, if you click the gear on the bottom right corner, you can set the grid to show equipment.  This will add a dropdown field to the grid where you can set the equipment for the item in the work order.

You can customize the grid to show this automatically.  Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-25-2013 9:45 AM In reply to

My equipment is in quickbooks already as fixed asset items, all the info like year ,model, serial number, purchase cost , etc, is all in quickbooks. Since method syncs with the items, I would like to schelude work orders to perform oil changes, tune ups, brakes, etc.

The solution that you are giving me, I will have to create and enter all the info for all pieces of equipment again.

• 02-25-2013 11:22 AM In reply to

Answer

Marcelo,

Since you have your equipment already in Method as fixed assets, instead of using the equipment field, you can customize the grid on the Add/Edit Work Order screen to allow you to select a fixed asset for that job item. You would have to add the field to the ActivityJobItem table as a dropdown linked to the item table.  You can then add that field to the grid on the Add/Edit Work Order screen.  Be sure when adding the dropdown that it is filtered to show only fixed assets.  When creating the work order, this will allow you to select the fixed asset to perform the work on.  

You can then create a screen similar to our Equipment screen, that is instead based off of the item table.  Again, filter this grid to show only fixed assets.  Then you can add another grid linked to the ActivityJobItem table that will show all of the associated job items for the fixed asset.  This may sound complicated, but it is actually not a complicated customization project.  If you would like help, or to speak to a consultant, please let us know and we can put you in contact with one.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)