Method Community

Auto Calculate sales tax on Website purchases

Last post 02-27-2013 10:14 AM by Method_David. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2013 6:02 PM

Auto Calculate sales tax on Website purchases

We had our website payment gateway integrated via MethodAPI to pull items from Method (that were created in QB) and their prices etc.  When we run test purchases however, despite sales tax rates and codes being set up, no sales tax is being calculated, paid for, or being added on the sales order (which is where the sales are being entered by programming via API.

We had the orders go into sales orders so that I can move them throiugh the Professional Services AddOn and track time against them there.  

Is there anyway that we can get the proper sales tax rate to calculate into the payment gateway as it is already pulling items and prices?

Jon

• 02-26-2013 12:28 PM In reply to

Re: Auto Calculate sales tax on Website purchases

Hi Jonsturm34,

Can you clarify, where do you have the tax rates /codes and calculations set up? For example are they part of a custom screen? The API cannot run actions on a screen since they are independent of each other.

Dave

• 02-26-2013 1:25 PM In reply to

No not any custom screens involved.   I have the codes and rates set up and synced via Quickbooks and all customers coded as Taxable.  I have a simple item selection via payment gateway online and would like for the amount the customer is prompted to pay when entering their CC info to be the Item+tax amount that calculates when I manually create a new sales order in Method or QB.

• 02-27-2013 10:14 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Jonsturm34,

Before the user is prompted to pay has the api inserted the sales order and line items in method? During the save/update process is when the tax calculations are done. So you would need to save it in method first....then you should be able to retrieve the tax that was calculated.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)