Method Community

upload doc issue

Last post 03-25-2013 8:29 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2013 5:24 PM

upload doc issue

i'm having issues uploads docs from the edit opportunity screen.  i'll go to an opportunity and change update the status to closed won and click save. then i'll click on the document tab (the small one towards the bottom) to upload a doc.  i go thorugh all the steps and choose the opportunity to link it to and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  there is no rhyme or reason.  i'm not the only one on my team that has this issue.  when it doesn't work i click on the document tab at the top and go through the steps and it seems to always work.

• 03-19-2013 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: upload doc issue

Answer

Hi,

Are you uploading a new document or linking an existing one?  If you're uploading the document from the opportunity screen, it should be linked to it automatically. On the stock screen there is no ability to link the opportunity if you're uploadind a new document. If you're linking a n existing document, the opportunity should show in the dropdown for Opportunity Name. Below are two screen shots, one for uploading a new document and one for linking an existing document:

New Document:

Link to existing: 

You should see either of these screens when attaching a document to an opportunity.  Are you seeing something different?  Was it customized?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-22-2013 4:04 PM In reply to

no, our edit opportunites screen nor any of the doc screens have been customized.

we upload all our docs to smartvault.  this happens when we are uploading a new doc.  we go thorugh all the steps and sometimes the doc doesn't upload.  no rhyme or reason. very frustrating to have to repeat all the steps and re-upload the doc.

• 03-25-2013 8:29 AM In reply to

Do you see anything unusual when you save the document?  Is the document not in the grid?  Have you checked your SmartVault account to see if the document was uploaded to SmartVault?  Since this is an issue with a stock screen, you can call into support at 1-888-925-6238 x2 and we can take a look at it with you.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)