Method Community

What does this mean?

Last post 10-02-2009 6:50 PM by WynneCrest. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2009 2:31 PM

What does this mean?

An error has occurred. An email has been sent to Method staff. If this problem persists, please contact the Method Team at method@methodintegration.com. 

I receive this error only when adding dropdown fields to a table, but I get this message often. 

• 10-01-2009 3:26 PM In reply to

Re: What does this mean?

Hi

We’ll need more info on the steps you are taking before the error. What table are you trying to add the field to and what is the field name you are using? Does it happen for other tables or other fields types?

Val

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 10-02-2009 6:50 PM In reply to

Re: What does this mean?

Ok, here's a play by play for what I did:

I created the dropdown field "PayrollItem" for the Employee Screen. That one worked fine.

I then tried to create a Class dropdown field for the Employee Screen. I selected the dropdown value in the wizard and then got to the end and it gave me an error.

I tried to create it again using the same name for the field. I think I used "EmployeeClass" or something like that. This time I got an error that this field already existed....? I went back to see if it was there and it wasn't. I refreshed the page a couple of times and it wasn't there.

Next, I tried to create the same dropdown box with a different name. This time I called it "EmpClass" or something like that. It appeared to work. I believe this one appeared in the list. However, when I clicked the button "Finished editing Fields" I got another error and it wouldn't let me out of that screen.

I refreshed Method (the whole site) to get back to the beginning and then went back to check to see if the field was there. It was and so I went on to my Employee List Customized screen and added both fields to the screen. I tested it out and both seemed to be working.

That is all I did.

When I realized my Employee grid was not appearing in the "GET XORA TIME" screen, I deleted my Employee Customized screen to see if that would help. It didn't so I put it back.

I hope this helps.

SIDE NOTE: Honestly, this is not a big deal compared to my spacing problem on the other post. I would much rather you spend time helping me resolve the spacing issue. That is costing me a lot of money in man hours because I or someone else must correct all the data manually that is supposed to be mapping automatically....

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)