Method Community

Creating searchable 'Items on P/O' screen

Last post 07-03-2013 9:53 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2013 10:04 AM

Creating searchable 'Items on P/O' screen

We are brand new to Method CRM. I am a developer, so shouldn't have too much trouble with a little good direction here.

The screen I am trying to create is pretty straightforward... a listing of all OPEN items on purchase orders, with searchable column fields for: MFR PART # (manufacturer's part number), ITEM CODE (item name), and WHOLESALE # (wholesale number, a custom field in the InventoryItem table) and non-searchable fields for PO NUMBER (associated PO number), as well as QTY ORDERED and QTY REC'D. In addition, I would like to add a link that opens up the PO in question when clicked.

I've already determined that the base for this custom screen is the PurchaseOrderLine table. Problems I'm having:

1) MFR PART #, and WHOLESALE # are all showing up as blank. If it is not possible to have these fields, and only ITEM CODE (item name) is searchable, it would not be the end of the world but would prefer to have all three options. Can't figure out why these columns are all showing up as blank entries.

2) Can't figure out how to create the PO NUMBER column, as this would appear to have to be a linked field. I cannot find any documentation on how to create linked fields, but as far as I can tell it should be as simple as associating the one of the PurchaseOrderLine fields (ID) with the ID of the PurchaseOrder table and retrieving the matching result. Cannot for the life of me figure out how this is done.

Thanks for any help on this!

• 06-28-2013 5:05 PM In reply to

Re: Creating searchable 'Items on P/O' screen

Answer

Hi,

The PurchaseOrder table is already linked to the PurchaseOrderLine table.  My guess is that you are looking to add the RefNumber (ie. purchase order number) field.  You should be able to simply add the linked field without any additional work.  See the screen below:

The likely eason that the MFR Part # and Wholesale # aren't showing is probably because those values were not added at the purchaseOrderLine item level when the purchase order was created.  While the purchase order line table has those same fields, they don't hold the same values as the item table.  You'll need to add those fields to the purchase order screen in the line item section and populate them.  This is similar to how the item description works on invoices.  Once those fields are added, when you save the purchase order, those fields will hold the values that were saved.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-02-2013 12:44 PM In reply to

Adam, this was exactly what I was looking for. I ended up having to create new fields linked to the item table, along with the PO data. Thank you for your help on this.

Best,

Charles

• 07-03-2013 9:53 AM In reply to

Charles,

Glad I could help!  :)

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)