Method Community

Applying a Credit Memo?

Last post 05-07-2014 9:25 AM by furrywombat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2013 10:48 AM

Applying a Credit Memo?

Is it possible to apply a credit memo to an invoice through the API? If so, which tables/fields would I use?

• 07-05-2013 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Applying a Credit Memo?

Answer

Hi rgatton,

I'm gonna suggest (if you haven't already) make a copy of the stock quickbooks_recievepayment screen and get familar with what happens when a payment is recieved and applied to an invoice. (Sadly, we don't have a stock screen that does what you are asking, but happily you can always create one). The process should be fairly similar.

As for what tables should be involved....invoices, ReceivePayment, and ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn. The main difference in fields between what you are asking for and the stock screen is that for using a credit memo you need to use the fields CreditAmount, CreditTxnRecordID, CreditTxnID, and CreditTxnTypeRef of  ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn

Dave

• 05-07-2014 9:25 AM In reply to

Re: Applying a Credit Memo?

David,

We're trying to accomplish this, and running into issues. Which fields EXACTLY need to be applied and how? When I apply a credit memo to an invoice in QB, it does not insert an entry in the ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn table in Method. I've tried entering:

- ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn.Amount = CreditMemo.CreditRemaining
    - ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn.CreditTxnRecordId = CreditMemo.RecordID
    - ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn.TxnDate = Obvious
    - ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn.TxnRecordID = LinkToInvoice.RecordID (custom field)
    - ReceivePaymentAppliedToTxn.TxnType = Invoice

I have also tried entering the same amount for Amount and CreditAmount, as Amount appears to be a required field. I've tried various combinations of positive and negative numbers in both of those fields and still nothing is happening.

Please provide some direction on this if possible. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)