Method Community

How does Method's 'Call Web Service' action work?

Last post 07-10-2013 10:04 AM by Method_David. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2013 1:19 PM

How does Method's 'Call Web Service' action work?

I have built a class with PHP using nusoap to connect to the Method API and it works great.

I then used nusoap to build my own webservice which I can connect to and retreive information from. Just not with Method.

I have found my way to the Web Service Test Evironment and tested the webservice that I set up.

This is the url the test said it was trying to use: http://dev1.myrestoration1dev.com/mrlwebservice/hello?firstName=Ryan&LastName=Moultrup&

How doe method make calls to a web service via an action?

If Method just calls the url with the parameters on the end I can always use a script to just pick it apart and do whatever action but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a web service.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 07-08-2013 4:35 PM In reply to

Re: How does Method's 'Call Web Service' action work?

Hi moultrup,

It's a .net post to a webservice.....what you're seeing in that test page is just for convenience so you can see what is passed in.

Dave

• 07-08-2013 6:22 PM In reply to

Okay, so what is it actually passing the the web service? A .net object, XML or just the url with the parameters at the end?

• 07-10-2013 10:04 AM In reply to

Hi moultrup,

Does the service method being invoked support the post method? If not it doesn't matter how the call webservice action works....your call will aways fail.

If that is not the problem send me an email and we can discuss this off forum

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)