Method Community

buttons not working in portals

Last post 07-29-2013 3:22 PM by Method_Adam. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2013 10:49 AM

buttons not working in portals

I added next /previous buttons to some screens in the portal. I placed them at the bottom of the screen to move through the different tabs I created. These worked great.

I then added some new buttons that I placed at the top of the screen that are calling the same action step as the bottom buttons to move through the screens and they dont work.

Quite strange. The really odd thing is they work fine if I am looking at the screen logged in as me as the user. Its just the portal they dont work in.

thanks

Ben

• 07-09-2013 11:31 AM In reply to

Re: buttons not working in portals

Hi Ben,

I haven't been able to replicate this.  I put buttons on the bottom to move through the tab links in the portal.  I then created buttons at the top and used the copy action to copy the actions of the bottom buttons.  On your screen, are you getting an error of some kind?  Or is nothing happening?

Can you double check the actions on the top button?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-09-2013 1:38 PM In reply to

No error, the buttons dont register any kind of click.

Very Odd. Like I said the buttons work fine logged in as user, just dont work in portals.

• 07-11-2013 6:40 AM In reply to

Ben,

Yes, that seems very odd.  So the top buttons don't work when in the portal, but the bottom buttons always work?  I still can't replicate this, so could you enable Method Support on your account and email me the company acount and the screens?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-16-2013 4:50 PM In reply to

Were you able to reproduce this error? Need to go live soon, so wondering if I should just remove buttons for now?

• 07-16-2013 5:07 PM In reply to

Ben,

Still haven't been able to reproduce it.  I've reached out via email with a couple of questions.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-16-2013 5:46 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Ben,

Just a thought... Could there be permissions issue with your screens. Are portal users allowed to see them vs you when you are logged in?

Fran

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 07-16-2013 6:03 PM In reply to

Nope, doesnt work whether I am logged in to portal or another use, but does work when I am testing it inside of method.

• 07-27-2013 9:04 AM In reply to

I have created a work around for this bug by putting a banner (picture) at the top of our portal. It seems like there is an area at the top of portals inside of frames that is not receving mouse input. Fortunately the client likes the banner but I am working on other portals where I cannot use this work around so keep trying to fix Smile

• 07-29-2013 3:22 PM In reply to

Ben,

We'll certainly continue to work on this.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)