Method Community

PHP SOAP calls using XML strings with CURL - No Response

Last post 07-24-2013 1:39 PM by Method_David. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2013 11:24 AM

• thyon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2013
    • Posts 3

PHP SOAP calls using XML strings with CURL - No Response

I've posted the values using CURL and PHP to the server, and it responds with TRUE, however no values are added to the MethodCRM interface? How do I go about Troubleshooting, because the SOAP integration point - e.g. using CURL + PHP with manually constructed SOAP XML - isn't returning any error or other response messages? What now?

• 07-10-2013 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: PHP SOAP calls using XML strings with CURL - No Response

Hi thyon,

I'm gonna need a little more info here. What function are you calling? No function in the api returns just the word true. What does the xml being returned look like?

Dave

• 07-10-2013 11:08 AM In reply to

• thyon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2013
    • Posts 3

Hey Dave 

Using the sample code from http://imtheirwebguy.com/cforms-to-methodcrm-getting-dirty-with-soap/

I'm using the method API call "MethodAPIInsertV2" just like they are in the above example, but instead with the Method Consultant's fieldnames that was provided

(1) insert into Customer Table and

(2) Insert into Oppotunity Table

The Method Agent misspelled the Email field, which I found and fixed, and now I also get responses, which I can parse out and retrieve the response attribute and also the optional (if not error, RecordID attribute). If the response is NOT Success then I write out the error message, where we have noticed that even though sometimes the customer record is added, that the Oppurtinity Table comes back with an empty reply, instead of a Success or an Error.

• 07-10-2013 4:48 PM In reply to

Hi thyon,

The api always returns an xml response, whether success or failure,

Have your tried running your opportunity insert on its own? I'm thinking what is happening is you might be getting a collision with running them one right after the other where something is getting lost on your side. Anyway try it out, and let me know if that solves the issue.

Dave

• 07-11-2013 1:21 AM In reply to

• thyon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2013
    • Posts 3

They are run one aftre the other and the success/ failure of the first one is used to run or block the second.

• 07-24-2013 1:39 PM In reply to

Hi thyon,

Sorry about the delay, I've been out of town. Anyway, I just wanted to touchbase and see if the problem has been solved.

If not can you send me an email with your companyaccount name, and an example of the insert you are trying to perform.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)