Method Community

Error in generating a report in the Edit Customer screen

Last post 07-15-2013 3:50 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2013 12:40 PM

Error in generating a report in the Edit Customer screen

A particular user gets the following message when selecting a customer and going to the Edit Customer environment for that particular customer:

"Error Action Sequence Order: ERROR. There was an unspecified error loading the report. Please check your Generate Report action to ensure all filters are set up properly, and that the report loads correctly in the report designer"

Some pertinent details:

• First of all, I don't think the page has any "Generate Report" actions - only "Refresh Report" actions in the screen attributes/on screen load
    • Second, no one else seems to be having this issue
    • Third, I logged into my own computer with her user ID and password and did not see the error.
    She is using an ASUS laptop with Windows 8/IE 10(?).
    Is there any explanation for this?
    Thanks
  • 07-13-2013 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: Error in generating a report in the Edit Customer screen

Greetings,

I dont work for method but when i programmed reports I remember that error message.  At that point i started using Chrome.  From then on i did not get any messages like that. 

Is the IE upto date?

Hope this helps.

John M

• 07-15-2013 3:50 PM In reply to

Re: Error in generating a report in the Edit Customer screen

Hi MikeB,

This error your user is reporting is something I haven’t seen before, and I have been trying but am unable to replicate.  My first suggestion would be the same as JohnM and request your user to try this from another browser on the Asus Laptop, like Chrome or Firefox. Once we can confirm the behaviour  in your users other browsers we should be able to get a better idea of what the issue is.

Thanks,
    - Ben 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)