Method Community

Upload Picture Screen

Last post 07-24-2013 1:37 PM by Method_David. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2013 9:55 PM

Upload Picture Screen

So in the portal I have created I want the portal user to upload a picture of themselves, but I really dont need all the text and options that appear on the upload picture screen.

Save and share images and files with your co-workers. Note that images are saved in your database and count towards your total database size. The following file formats are supported: bmp, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, pdf, zip, doc, xls, ppt, pps, html.
    1. Upload options  Upload to Method   Link to an existing URL   Upload to SmartVault  (learn more...) 

They will have no clue what method is and what the database sizes is talking about. That will just confuse them. Any possibility of editing this screen?

Just so you understand I am creating a portal for applications to our schools. The portal will sit in a frame on our website.

• 07-16-2013 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: Upload Picture Screen

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, the picture upload screen cannot be customized.  It is one of a handful of screens that you are unable to edit.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-16-2013 4:33 PM In reply to

Well that's frustrating. If you want Method to be used as a full CRM for our customers we need to be able to adapt basic screens like this helping the end user.

Is it possible through the API to create something that would work?

• 07-16-2013 4:51 PM In reply to

Ben,

This is something that can be done through the API.  You could use the the MethodAPIInsertFile or MethodAPIUpdateFile operations.  I'm not very familiar with the API myself, but I can move this post to the API forum where our developers can help you.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-16-2013 5:29 PM In reply to

Great hopefully some one can help.

• 07-24-2013 1:37 PM In reply to

Hi Ben B,

Sorry about the delay....I've been out of town....anyway, you can find the api documentation at http://www.methodintegration.com/Method-API-for-QuickBooks-CRM.aspx

If you have an questions about how to upload images/files via the API just ask.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)