Method Community

Error generating grids

Last post 07-16-2013 2:01 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2013 12:07 PM

Error generating grids

I was logged into my client's Method account working on some customization this morning.  Everything was working fine.  I left myself logged on while I went to grab some lunch.  When I came back I was logged out of the account.  When I log back in, I am now seeing "Error Generating Grid" on the custom screen I was working on (I have 3 grids on that screen and all have the same message).  When I go to the Customize screen and look at the custom screen I was working on, the Table Name has disappeared from Step 1 in the Grid Wizard (I was using the Detached button).  It is grayed out and I can't choose a table - what happened????  and how can I fix this???

Thanks!

• 07-16-2013 2:01 PM In reply to

Re: Error generating grids

Answer

Hi kdellaripa,

I would suggest first to try and regenerate the table(s) that your screen is based off.  Go to the Customize Tab, then Tables/Fields, and find your table.  Once you find it, click on the “Edit Fields” button next to table the table name and just click the “Finished Editing Fields” button.  It would be good practice to Publish, then Save and Close your Screens when you go on breaks, or even going from tab to tab, this will help avoid unpredictable behaviour.  If this suggestion doesn’t help resolve your issue, we can take a quick look at the account to see if this would be a support issue or not.  If this is required, we would need the Method Support User made to Active in the account.  Once that is done you can email us at support@methodintregration.com with the account name, and we can go from there.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)