Method Community

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error from Web to Lead From

Last post 08-16-2013 8:53 AM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2013 10:50 PM

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error from Web to Lead From

I created a custom form a while back..the form is working on my site but i went to edit the form a bit and when i go to load it I get>> Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Weather I am reporting a bug or i messed something up can you please lend a suggestion or solution.

Thanks,

• 08-14-2013 11:04 AM In reply to

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error from Web to Lead From

Hi Chris,

Could you try this again?  We've just deployed a fix and this should be working now.  Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 08-15-2013 12:12 AM In reply to

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error from Web to Lead From

It works again but now i have a different problem....it seems to have lost my saved form, i exited saving by hitting save and new...then went back to load it and the one it loaded was not my form....looks like the one it is loading is the basic form template, the one i originally modified (significantly).  Can you please let me know what to do here i was just about to be done with this form....

On one more suggestion...it would be nice to allow me to use the variable from the form in the from field like i can do in the subject field....the from email field looks like it needs a correct email address before it would move on.

• 08-15-2013 4:37 PM In reply to

Hi Chris,

Could you email me your account name and the web form that's missing?  This will help us look into this issue and see what we can do.  Also, can you tell which browser you were working in?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 08-16-2013 8:06 AM In reply to

OK so i was working now i get this message uppon submit

Server Error in '/MethodWebForms' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

• 08-16-2013 8:53 AM In reply to

Answer

Chris,

This is likely because you were trying to use the missing webform.  I sent you an email regarding that and I'll let you know when I hear more.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)