Method Community

Custom Method field partially syncing in Quickbooks

Last post 09-03-2013 4:08 PM by Method_Adam. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2013 12:14 PM

Custom Method field partially syncing in Quickbooks

I have a field in the Customer table in Method called "StaffAccountStatus". This is shown in QB in the Addidional Info tab of the Edit Job screen.

The issue I'm experiencing is that this field populates only for certain staff accounts, and not for others. In some cases, there is a value for a particular staff account in Method, but not in QB. However, another staff account under the same parent will have the value from Method in QB.

This is a bit of an alarming issue. Any idea what’s going on here?

• 08-30-2013 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: Custom Method field partially syncing in Quickbooks

Hi Mike,

Is it always the main account that is poplulated/not populated?  Can you replicate this, or is it completely random?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 09-03-2013 8:23 AM In reply to

Only staff accounts are assigned a status, so the status field is not populated for Main Accounts, or for "parent" accounts.

Whether or not a status shows up in QB for staff accounts appears to be random. For example, for 2 staff accounts under the same parent, one has a status in QB and the other doesn't. Both have statuses when I export the Method Customer table.

Hopefully this can get fixed soon.

Thanks

• 09-03-2013 9:58 AM In reply to

OK, for some reason, they are now appearing in QB, but I have no idea why.

All I did this morning was re-run the status calculator for each staff account in the grid.

Not all staff accounts had values in the status field on Friday, or this morning, but the ones with missing values appear to have values now.

Very strange 

• 09-03-2013 10:11 AM In reply to

MikeB

Sometimes I will have strange things happend simular to what you went thought.  When that happens i power down the computer then reboot.  Sometimes this helps.

John M

• 09-03-2013 12:20 PM In reply to

Hi Mike,

Could there have been any conflicts with some of the entities or an issue with the sync?  This is definitely strange.  If it happens again, please call us so we can take a look right away.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 09-03-2013 12:36 PM In reply to

I had already looked at the conflicts in Method and none appeared to be related to this. Just older ones that I hadn't yet cleared.

• 09-03-2013 4:08 PM In reply to

Strange.  Please keep an eye on it and give us a call if it happens again.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)