Method Community

change status of multiple activities to complete

Last post 09-03-2013 12:14 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2013 8:07 PM

change status of multiple activities to complete

I have about 230 activities assigned to a salesperson from the beinning of June through the end of August that are currently marked as "not started" that I need marked as "completed". Is there a way for me to acomplish this in one fell swoop? Or will I need to go through one at a time and mark them as complete?

• 09-02-2013 11:20 AM In reply to

Re: change status of multiple activities to complete

Greetings,

1. Do you have Schedual and invoicing? I do and i can change all my work orders to completed with one button click.  Re configure the button on that screen to accpet all activities and you would be set.

2. The other option is to create a simple grid from the activities table and make the grid so you can edit it.  

3. Complete #2 then add a update button that will change them with a button click. 

There are some good programmers out there that could help you with this.  I dont work for Method but I use this program alot. 

John M

• 09-03-2013 12:14 PM In reply to

Re: change status of multiple activities to complete

Answer

John - Thanks for the great advice.

Scott,

John is dead on with his advice.  I'd recommend option 2 so you avoid altering any existing screens that are already in use.  You can see this post for instructions on a similar request.  The only difference would be to change the action from deleting to updating.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)