Method Community

Documents to show up in Contact Portal

Last post 09-04-2013 9:19 AM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2013 12:07 AM

Documents to show up in Contact Portal

I want to add a custom grid in the contacts portal to display customer documents like it shows up under the customers tab/documents tab. I have been working on this for 2 days now with no success.

What I want my customer to see when they log in: Document name and Document attachment. I only what them to have access to their files with an internal status of no. I dont want them to have access to their internal files we have stored.

What I have tried so far: customize contact portal, added a grid and clicked edit. Caption = Documents. Clicked detached and chose documentLibraryLink and next. Step 2 of nine. Added DocumentfileName and Documentattachment. If I click finish and leave it like this, all documents show up on everybodys customer portal. Now how to I get it to pull only from that current customer?

Thanks for your help.

• 09-03-2013 2:17 PM In reply to

Re: Documents to show up in Contact Portal

Answer

Hi,

What you'll need to do is filter the grid to only show documents for that particular customer.  Edit the grid and go to Step 3.  Add a filter to the default filter to only show documents with the entity record ID of the logged in portal user.  It should look similar to below:

As long as this filter is default, when the screen loads only the documents attached to that entity (customer) are included in the grid.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 09-03-2013 8:59 PM In reply to

I updated to the August version and logged into method. Went to customize, screens tab and deleted my custom contactsPortal_Home 2 because I wanted to start over from the beginning. After the delete, I did a refresh and created a new custom ContactsPortal_Home(2) page. Went to the customize page, created a new section called Your Documents and created a new grid in that section and began to edit it.  Caption = Your Documents, Detached, table name = DocumentLibraryLink and next. Inserted Document Column and inserted DocumentAttachment Column and next.  Page 3 I added the filter as you specified in the screen shot. Save and close and finish. Publish and close.  Everything looks correct in method and is showing everything I want it to. I log into my test account and it logs me into my recent transactions tab. I click on the home tab because that's where I put my document list to appear and nothing happens. The home tab is whited out and nothing opens. I can click on recent transactions, search solutions, Customer service, but when I click on the home tab nothing happens, nothing opens.

I have tried removing the filter I put in to filter out users with no change. I tried removing the Your Document section and placing the grid in the your account section with no change.

So the problem I'm having now, is anytime I try to put a new grid anywhere in the contactsPortal, the tab I put it under, no longer is accessible.

Please help.

Thanks

• 09-03-2013 9:24 PM In reply to

Was playing around with this a little more and deleted my custom contacts portal and went back to the factory settings and the home tab works correctly in my test portal. I then went back into method contacts portal, right clicked and customize. Had to create a new screen. Once opened I clicked publish and save without making any changes. Signed back into my test portal and the home tab is doing the same thing. I then created a custom ContactsPortal_Transactions tab, published and save without making any changes. Signed into my test portal, recent transactions page to receive this message:  We were unable to resolve your request. Either the screen you are trying to access does not exist, or there was a problem with your request. Same goes for the search solutions and customer service. I have tried to make a new custom screen for these tabs, made  no changes and they are not working.

So Im sure now this problem has to do with method and not my errors.

• 09-03-2013 9:56 PM In reply to

I am finally able to get everything to work properly now. I had to switch back to the July version, redid the grid, put in the filter for the entity record and had to put in another filter to filter out the internal files using IsForInternalUse Equals No to hide the internal customer files.

Thank you for your help, but you may want to look into the problem I was having trying to create a custom contactsportal in the August edition.

• 09-04-2013 9:19 AM In reply to

Hi,

From the sounds of it, there just looks to be some confusion when setting this up.  I think while removing, deleting and recreating portal screens something was lost.  I've created new portals in both versions without issue.  None of the individual screen customizations would have had an effect.

If you can replicate any of the strange behaviour you were getting, please give us a call.  We would obviously like to correct any issues.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)