Method Community

Customized Estimate

Last post 10-15-2013 11:51 AM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2013 11:45 PM

Customized Estimate

Hi, We customized the Quick Books Estimate by adding a Retail price Colum, The retail price is a price list level in quick books. This has worked perfectly for a number of weeks and tonight for no reason Method Stopped adding the retail price to both the screen and print preview. If we call up an old quote the retail field is populated also if we look at the quote in Quick books the retail price is populated and if we save the estimate in quick books and then open it in Method the retail price is there. I have created a new screen layout without success

This has drove me crazy for a few hours any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Adrian

• 09-09-2013 8:08 AM In reply to

Re: Customized Estimate

Hi Adrian,

Because you are having issues with a custom screen, there is only so much we can helpy you with.  However if you send me an email with the Company Account Name you sign in with, and turn on Method Support.  I can at least take a quick look at your account and at least rule out any issues caused by Method.  To enable MethodSupport, go to Customize->Users, then in the section labelled "Edit an Existing User", then for the User "MethodSupport" make sure there is a checkmark for the "Active" column.

-Ben

• 09-09-2013 7:44 PM In reply to

Ben,

I have found out why this is happening, if the estimate is set to wait for sync approval the retail pries are not pulled over from Quick books if this is unchecked and saved the prices pull over from QuickBooks. I thought all data was synchronized?

• 09-10-2013 9:01 AM In reply to

Hi Adrian,

This really depends on how your screens have been customized.  If you are creating an estimate from a Lead or Customer and you have chosen a specific "Price Level" option from the dropdown menu on either the Edit Customer/Lead Screens, then at this point, you have assigned a specific price level "name" to that Customer, which you can call from the Customer table.

To clarify the option for "Wait for sync Approval", the Estimate itself will not sync with Quickbooks until this option is unchecked.  However depending on how the screen is designed, the information should be there without needing to sync with Quickbooks, for you to still make your custom price level calculations.  

-Ben

• 10-15-2013 9:27 AM In reply to

Ben, Now we are creating more estimates we only want to send estimates to quick books when they are converted to an order. I have enabled access for method support if you coudld take a quick look to check that there is no issue with method as the retail price on the custom estimate is only populated when syncromized with quick books.

• 10-15-2013 11:51 AM In reply to

Adrian,

There isn't really much I can add to my last post here.  Because price levels are not setup within Method from stock screens, then all characterists with your Retail Price Column would be customized.  It appears that this screen is designed so that you are unable to pull the price list information from QuickBooks without first syncing the Estimate.  Unfortunately because this is more of a customization question, support would not be able to view your customized screen to look for possible issues. I would advise you to look over the actions on your Estimate screen and see if for some reason the retail price is only being called after a sync is performed.  If you are still having issues but need to get this resolved please consider speaking with a Method Consultant to help figure out this issue.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)