Method Community

Copying Values from a estimate screen to a sales order screen

Last post 09-17-2013 4:40 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2013 1:25 PM

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Copying Values from a estimate screen to a sales order screen

I would like to know how to transfer data in a customized field to the same customized field on a different screen.

For example I created a feild called Siding colors. When I save it on the Estimates screen the dropdown works just fine. However when I convert that estimate to a sales order the infomation doesn't transfer to the new sales order.

JWS

JWS
  • 09-13-2013 3:35 PM In reply to

Re: Copying Values from a estimate screen to a sales order screen

Hi JWS,

I am going to look into this a little further when I have some more time, however for now I can hint to you where this action would likely be added. If you are using the "More Actions->Create Sales Order" Button from the Estimate Screen, if you go to edit this button, and choose the "Create Sales Order" Event from Step 2of3.  I believe this is the area that is holding the values from the Estimate Screen and carrying them over to the Sales Order Screen, where the fields will get populated.  Again, hopefully this will help give you some guidance into this, let me know if this gets you a little further.  As I said, I will post more when I have a more time.

-Ben

• 09-17-2013 3:40 PM In reply to

Hi JWS,

I have figured out the easiest way for you to carry over the newly created value from your Estimate screen, over to the Sales Order Screen.

Keeping what I have already mentioned from above, we have created a new dropdown field, "SidingColours" from the Estimate Table.  Then I would suggest creating a drop-down field in the SalesOrder Table with the same name, and make sure this one is based of the existing table created when you made the original "SidingColour" drop-down (refer to screenshot below):

Now go to Customize the Estimate Screen, you will need to edit the actions I mentioned in the above post as a hint, so go to the More Actions->CreateSalesOrder Button, and look through the actions until you find one labelled "Insert Records Into Table" with the note "Insert the SalesOrder record from the Estimate, getting back resultRecordID", edit it, and add your new "SlidingColours" field…refer to screenshot below, but follow how the others were done here:

Once you have filled it out similar to my screenshot, click "add" and make sure it is now on the list below.  That should be it, provided you have already added the "SlidingColour" dropdown fields themselves to both screens, when you select the "CreateSalesOrder" button from the Esimate Screen, the Siding Colour chosen here will be carried over to the Sales Order Screen, along with all the other information.  Please let me know if this helped, and feel free to ask more questions if get stuck along the way.

-Ben

• 09-17-2013 4:10 PM In reply to

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Thank you it worked.

JWS
  • 09-17-2013 4:40 PM In reply to

Hi JWS,