Method Community

editing the contents of a dropdown

Last post 12-03-2013 3:00 PM by Sage_Kevin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2013 1:01 PM

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

editing the contents of a dropdown

Seems to me this should be simple. However I am not able to figure it out.

I created a dropdown field in the estimates table. After I created the drop down I noticed a few things missing that I would like to see in the drop down. I can not figure out where to edit the items I entered.

Please help!

Thanks

JWS
  • 09-16-2013 7:58 AM In reply to

Re: editing the contents of a dropdown

Hi JWS,

You might have already found the answer to this over the weekend, however you should see a new screen named the same as the dropdown you created.  When you create a new dropdown, it will create a new table for that dropdown, as well as a new screen.  If you go to the Customize->Screens area you should find the new screen created for your dropdown, and if you click "view", you should be able to edit the contents of the dropdown items.

-Ben

• 12-03-2013 3:00 PM In reply to

Re: editing the contents of a dropdown

As a follow up question, how can I go about finding out what table is associated with a given dropdown field?

For instance, the field "AssignedTo" in the table SalesOrder is a dropdown. The list contains several employee names. There is an accompanying field that Method creates called "AssignedTo_RecordID". When I select an employee and view the accompanying recordID, I can see that it is not the record ID that belongs to the employee in the Employee table, nor is it the recordID from the Entity table or the Contacts table nor any other table that I can find. There is no screen named "AssignedTo" so I am at a loss as to how to track down the table associated with this drop down.

I am writing apps that use the Method API and I need a way of identifying the foreign table that is associated with a dropdown so I can access the data from that table.

Thanks!

-Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)