Method Community

Parent Name on Transaction grid

Last post 09-26-2013 4:51 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2013 1:41 PM

Parent Name on Transaction grid

I am trying to create a grid that shows all transactions for a single customer. Every job we do for a customer we create a sub job of the parent. This means we have to select each sub job to view all of a customers invoices. So the only common thing they have is the parent name. I figured a could create a grid using the Transaction table and filter by parent name. I tried linking the "ParentFullName" field to the "Transaction" table through both the "Enitity" table and "Account" table. When I add it and run the grid it fills the colum with "ParentFullName" as a clickable link that doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong or is there a better way to accomplish this?

• 09-26-2013 4:51 PM In reply to

Re: Parent Name on Transaction grid

Hi,

The Entity field in the Transaction table will show the fullname of the Entity.  The FullnName is contructed by the ParentFullName and Name field separated by a colon (Parent:Job).  

Assuming you're putting this field on the Edit Customer screen, you can set a filter on the grid. Filter the Entity field and select Contains, Value from Screen for FullName.  See below:

With this filter, if you go to the grid from the parent, transactions for all jobs will show since you're filtering for anything containing the parent name.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)