Method Community

Deleting Leads - Clean Up operation

Last post 11-12-2013 10:07 AM by jsenick. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2013 12:34 PM

• jsenick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-29-2013
    • Jamestown, NY USA
    • Posts 35

Deleting Leads - Clean Up operation

In our system, we are assigning a unique FullName which is made up of characters from the LastName, the Address, FirstName, and ZipCode.  So, a new lead might be assinged the FullName of SENICK14740JIM2484J.  A duplicate lead (of which we acquire many) would have a FullName of SENICK14740JIM2484J(2).

I have a new screen with a new default grid filter to show only those leads ending in ')', that are IsLeadStatusOnly, and have any LeadStatus other than Qualified.

For the new delete duplicate leads button, I am looping through only those grid records that are selected.

For these leads there would only be one activity.  I have the actions to loop through and delete these.  But I am wondering from which table(s) do I delete the actual lead records?

I have checked the QB Audit Trail after manually deleting a lead and see "For table 'accCustomer' the record xxxxx was deleted" and "For table 'accEntity' the record xxxxx was deleted".  Both record numbers are the same and the Table Names listed are Entity and ENTITY respectively.  I expected to see the Customer and / or Contacts table instead.  Anyway, should I be deleting from Entity and Contacts?

- James

James Senick
    JamestownStamp.com
  • 11-11-2013 9:35 AM In reply to

Re: Deleting Leads - Clean Up operation

Answer

Hi James.

Sorry for the delayed response. To clarify: the "customer" table is literally a view of the entity table. That's why you'll never see the "customer" table (or vendor, employee, etc.) show up on the Audit Trail -- they're all just different views of the master Entity table. 

Any updates, additions or subtractions you perform on the customer table are applied directly to the entity table. You can perform any desired actions directly on the customer table.

Let me know if that clears things up. :)

Naeem

• 11-11-2013 1:09 PM In reply to

• jsenick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-29-2013
    • Jamestown, NY USA
    • Posts 35

Naeem,

Understood.  Thank you very much.  I was close...but just a little confused. All good now. Smile

James Senick
    JamestownStamp.com
  • 11-11-2013 1:26 PM In reply to

No problem James -- have a great day! :)

• 11-12-2013 9:54 AM In reply to

• jsenick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-29-2013
    • Jamestown, NY USA
    • Posts 35

Naeem,

One more question: I notice that the contacts (table) record remains (with partial data) after manual deletion.  Is there  MethodCRM specific reason I would not want to delete the contact record as well?  In this situation these are duplicate leads.

Thanks again,

James

James Senick
    JamestownStamp.com
  • 11-12-2013 10:06 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi James,

There's no reason in your case to keep around any of the contact data, so you should go ahead and delete that too. :)

Cheers,

Naeem

• 11-12-2013 10:07 AM In reply to

• jsenick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-29-2013
    • Jamestown, NY USA
    • Posts 35

Naeem,

Perfect.  Thank you!

- James