Method Community

Sync Bug?

Last post 11-25-2009 1:59 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2009 2:44 PM

Sync Bug?

I received a payment from a customer for 2 invoices, applied the payment to the invoices in QuickBooks, and in QB the customer balance shows as $0. However, in Method the customer still showed a balance due in the customer list. I ran a full sync just to be sure. The customer center shows all of the transactions, but apparently was not applying the payment to the invoices for this single customer.  After exhausting all other avenues (more syncs, refreshes, etc.), I happened to click to advance to the second page of the customer list in customer center. When I clicked back to the first page, the customer balance was gone.  Is this a sync or refresh bug somewhere?

• 11-25-2009 1:59 PM In reply to

Re: Sync Bug?

Answer

Hello,

I tested this out and it worked fine, the balance was updated in real time in Method. I entered 2 new invoices for a customer then went into QB, received payment against both invoices for the full amount, saved it and then went into Method. In Method I selected the customer, went to the Transactions tab section and the balance showed as 0.00.
    Have you tested if your Method account syncs with QB in real time and vice versa? To check this please make a change to the phone number for a customer in Method then go into QB and check if it went over right away. Change the number to what it was originally in QB, go into Method and the change should come over.  If this doesn't work in real time then please contact your Consultant.
    Please let us know if you encounter this behavior again and outline the steps you take that way we can try to replicate it. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)