Method Community

New Contacts from .vcf

Last post 12-18-2013 1:43 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-17-2013 9:51 AM

New Contacts from .vcf

Nice new look! I love the plug-in but have run up against a situation I can't resolve. One of our customers (who is the main contact of the company in Method) sent me four seperate emails one for each of his employees. Attached to each email was the contacts Outlook Contact VCF file (Business Card). How do I import or add these vcf files to Method. The plug-in only will add the email sender, but I need to import the vcf files attached to each eamil. Can you guys help me please.

Thanks

Scott Drury

Scott Drury
    Sales & Marketing Mgr.
    Visualint Intelligent Video
    scott@visualint.net
  • 12-18-2013 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: New Contacts from .vcf

Hi Scott,

If you import the contact into your Outlook program, you can then add the contact to Method through the plug-in.  Unfortunately, there's no way to the .vcf file directly to Method. You'll first need to add the contact to Outlook, then add them to Method.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-18-2013 9:24 AM In reply to

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response. That's exactly what I did. I read through the help center and forums to see if there was a way to import the vcf file directly. As you stated and I found out, there's not so I saved the vcf files to my Outlook contacts folder. Then when I opened the contact file and clicked on the Add to Method button, I went through the dialog boxes and it appeared to be adding the contact. However when I went into Method there was no new contact added. I did this with all four of the vcf files and none of them got added.

The Outlook plug-in has performed very well for me in every other application, I feel I've got a good handle on how it works, but I couldn't get this done. That's when I posted. Maybe I'm missing a step or somehting.

Happy Holidays

Scott

Scott Drury
    Sales & Marketing Mgr.
    Visualint Intelligent Video
    scott@visualint.net
  • 12-18-2013 1:43 PM In reply to

Hi Scott,

I ran a test in my account and was able to have it sync over. Would it be possible its filtered out of the grid?  If you wish, you can enable MethodSupport and email me your Method account name and I can have a look.  Also let me know which contacts I'm looking for and I'll see what I can find.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)