Method Community

Huge billing problem from work order to invoice. Work order says $xxx amount, invoice says $xx amount???

Last post 02-10-2014 3:48 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2014 8:53 PM

Huge billing problem from work order to invoice. Work order says $xxx amount, invoice says $xx amount???

I have had this problem once or twice before so I'd just go into QuickBooks and turn the estimate into an invoice there, but I'm trying to get away from doing anything in QuickBooks and only doing things in method. I have only noticed this problem with large work order being converted into invoices.

I have written an estimate for a restoration job. Customer accepts the estimate and I turn in into a work order and put it on the calendar. Everything that is listed in the estimate shows up on the work order and the price is the same.  Once the job is completed, I open the work order, change the status to completed and the work order is marked to be invoiced. I save the work order. Back in calendar, I right click on the work order in the calendar and click create invoice. a few seconds later, it is done,  I click ok to go to the invoice and the invoice is missing line items and the invoice is less than what is on the estimate and work order. (I have tested this by creating an invoice from the calendar screen and the workOrderList with the same outcome. Also tested with stock screens with same outcome)

I have no idea what is going on here or how to fix this problem, but its making me not trust this program. I cant quote a job for 4K and method turn my invoice into 3K

My account is open for a method user to look at.

Please go to the work order list, filter all completed and to be invoice and search customer name sherri. This will pull up one of the work orders I have tried to turn into an invoice but is not inputting all the information.

• 02-10-2014 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Huge billing problem from work order to invoice. Work order says $xxx amount, invoice says $xx amount???

To anyone following this forum thread,

I contacted wildliferemoval offline regarding this issue he brought up here.  This sounds like a Support issue directly related to his account, so I have created an internal case for this and I am working on a resolution for this with Joe.  I will update this thread once we have resolved this issue in case it can help other users.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)