Method Community

missing InvoiceLine record

Last post 03-17-2014 4:47 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2014 8:52 PM

missing InvoiceLine record

Have an invoice that shows up in Method as zero balance which is correct but only shows two of the three line items.  The third line item is missing which is a discount line that zero's out the invoices other two lines.

Everything is correct on the Quickbooks side.  The invoice balance is zero and the three line items show up.

Any clue as to how this can happen?

Stuart

Stuart Katz
    Noggin Builders
    Let your children come explore the wonders!
  • 03-13-2014 5:03 PM In reply to

Re: missing InvoiceLine record

Hi Stuart,

Stuart, my apologies in responding late to your forum post.  I have actually been doing some testing on this, and haven't quite finished yet.  I will put another post in this thread tomorrow with some more information on this.

-Ben

• 03-13-2014 7:58 PM In reply to

No problem.   I have not found any patern to the problem.  At first I thought it might be when a line was added to an invoice in Quickbooks, but I have since found that seems to work okay.   It is possible the line was added while the sync was not on, but I would think that is suppose to update when the sync comes on line.   Likewise the invoice total amount is correct.  It is just the invoiceline that is missing.

Let me know if you want to get on line to see an example.

Stuart

Stuart Katz
    Noggin Builders
  • 03-17-2014 8:21 AM In reply to

Hi Stuart,

I have a couple of follow-up questions that should help as I look into this for you.  Are you syncing with a QuickBooks Desktop account?  Have you been able to recreate this issue again, if not, can you try, using the same discount item, would it happen if you created this in Method?  Did you enter any quantity for the discount item, or just left it blank?  

-Ben

• 03-17-2014 1:15 PM In reply to

Ben,

Yes we are syncing with QuickBooks Desktop.

No I have not been able to recreate the problem. 

We created the invoice originally in Method.   We modify invoices only in Quickbooks.   This invoice was created and then the discount line was added at a later time.

The quantity is not input for the discount item; just the amount.

I have tried to find some other examples, but it is not easy to find since the Invoice Total Amount is correct. so it would mean visually comparing invoices between Method and Quickbooks.

Maybe we should hold off spinning your wheels unless I come up with another example.

Stuart

Stuart Katz
    Noggin Builders
  • 03-17-2014 4:47 PM In reply to

Hey Stuart,

You were able to give me some good info in your last post, I might need to refine one of my tests to mimic what you are doing here.  I agree however, it would be great to relook at this if you do come across it again.  I will do another test in my own account, however if I still can't recreate this, I will await for some further feedback from you if it happens again.  If I am able to replicate this, I will post here and let you know the outcome.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)