Method Community

Estimates Lost!

Last post 12-15-2009 8:15 AM by Method_Paul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2009 12:41 PM

Estimates Lost!

I'm missing all estimates prior to Nov 20 (maybe a dozen or so).

Anybody experience this? And what are the backup procedures for our Method files?

edit. I remember Amanda replying to an earlier post about backups. I'll need to do this.

"Hi Richard, In the event that you would like to backup information within Method then you can add a button to a screen and add actions to export a grid onto an excel spreadsheets. Method servers are hosted and managed by Rackspace you can read more about them by visiting http://www.rackspace.com/index.php"

Richard Martyniak,M.Sc. Entomologist
    The Buzzkillers, LLC, an ALLFloridaBeeRemoval.com affiliate
  • 12-14-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

Re: Estimates Lost!

Hi Richard,

Have you checked if the estimates are in QuickBooks?

Also can you check your transaction history under the QuickBooks tab > Synchronize.  If it is set to sync with data for the last 7 or 14 days for instance then you wouldn't see the transactions prior to that date.

Once you get back to me on these questions we can do more investigation.

• 12-15-2009 7:53 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Amanda,

I think I have it figured out now. I was assuming that a 'lead only' contact's estimate would not synchronize w/ Quickbooks. From reading this reply, http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/492/1588.aspx#1588, apparently lead status converts to a customer when a transaction such as estimate is performed. I didn't even think to check my QB, thinking that leads weren't in QB.

Anyway, I checked QB, and all estimates are present.

I changed the sync with data for unlimited time period, and all estimates are now showing in Method.

Thanks!

Richard Martyniak,M.Sc. Entomologist
    The Buzzkillers, LLC, an ALLFloridaBeeRemoval.com affiliate
  • 12-15-2009 8:15 AM In reply to

Richard -

One tip for you.  If you have the "Wait for sync approval?" checkbox checked on the Estimate for a Lead Status only customer, it won't send the Estimate and won't convert the lead to a customer until you uncheck the "Wait for sync approval?" checkbox.

That way you can still prevent leads that have estimates from going to QuickBooks until you are good and ready.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)