Method Community

Customize Print Templates - Multiple Templates

Last post 05-08-2014 3:12 AM by davewalter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2014 5:59 PM

Customize Print Templates - Multiple Templates

We provide a couple of different types of Estimates/Proposals to any given customer.  1) A complete remodel proposal; or 2) a more minor "Repair" proposal When creating an Estimate, is there are way to be able to select which "Print Template" to use for this particular Estimate?

I'm aware that I can change the Print Template globablly - but I'd like to have an option when printing a given Estimate, rather than apply it globally.  Please advise.  Thanks

• 05-07-2014 2:25 PM In reply to

Re: Customize Print Templates - Multiple Templates

Hi DaveWalter,

You have a few different options to do what you are requesting, to Print different templates depending on which one you want to use, however these options would all require some basic customization on your Estimate screen.  

One thought, would simply be to have 2 Print buttons on your Estimate screen, one would be set with that global value, the other would be essentially hard-coded into your screen.  You could also simply have one "Print" button, but offer it as a "Button Group" (similar to the "More Actions..." button at the bottom of the Estimate screen ), this way you would click the "Print Preview" button, then get 2 more print options depending on which type of Estimate you want to print.

I am not too sure how familiar you are with Customizing your screens in Method, so I won't get into any specifics at this point.  If you are going to try this yourself, and have a decent understanding of Customizing your screen already, then if you get stuck at any step, you can always post here and we can offer some further assitance.  

If you aren't that familiar with customizations in your account, but this is something you must have, you could considering using our Consulting Services, click here for more info on this.

-Ben 

• 05-08-2014 3:12 AM In reply to

Re: Customize Print Templates - Multiple Templates

Thanks Ben. I will check this out!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)