Method Community

Delete

Last post 05-10-2014 9:29 AM by Method_Manish. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2014 11:24 PM

Delete

Delete

• 05-10-2014 5:16 AM In reply to

Delete

Delete

• 05-10-2014 6:49 AM In reply to

Re: Delete

furrywombat - we're looking into the API right now.  Are you still experiencing problems?  I see you've changed your body to "Delete" - does that mean things are okay now?

Regardless, we are checking each of the servers to see if there are issues with any of them (just in case you were hitting a bum server and now are hitting a good one).

• 05-10-2014 6:59 AM In reply to

Paul, I changed the subject & body to delete so as not to spark a fire that is only specific to one user (me), and also to maintain the integrity of Method in the public view (love Method - not happy now - but love it).

The error I'm getting bounces back & forth but the current error is:

PHP Fatal error: 'SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't find  in 'https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/service.asmx?WSDL'' 

Last night and all night, the error I was getting:

PHP Fatal error: 'Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not load file or assembly 'Dart.PowerTCP.Sockets, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=OBSCURED' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Yes, the token was intentionally obscured.

Let me know what you find out, if anything. I have our server admins on this all morning to confirm it's not an issue on our end. It is not.

• 05-10-2014 7:05 AM In reply to

Paul, feel free to communicate with me directly by email. Server-related issues, I prefer to keep as private as possible.

• 05-10-2014 7:14 AM In reply to

Furrywombat - much appreciated.  No need to keep it off the servers, we'll stay transparant and open when we have server issues - assuming it is not security related.

Confirmed, just found a server that is bad. We're taking it out of rotation right now...should be running in minutes....

• 05-10-2014 7:19 AM In reply to

furrywombat - all servers in rotation have the API working. You should now be in the clear.

We're still investigating what was wrong with the bum server....the API was the only service on there, apparently, that was down - checking the logs to see if we can figure out what the problem was.

• 05-10-2014 7:22 AM In reply to

Delete.

• 05-10-2014 7:30 AM In reply to

Paul, I'm still getting an error:

PHP Fatal error: 'Function ("MethodAPIFieldListV2") is not a valid method for this service'

Same for all possible function calls.

Not sure if this is related, but I am also not able to use the import/export function in our account. Getting "ERROR:Could not load the table list values. Please try reloading the page.". Yes, I tried logging out, waiting 15 minutes, logging in, and have also tried from every different possible browser type, also after having fully cleared the cache.

• 05-10-2014 8:02 AM In reply to

Paul, just wanted to be sure you are still working on this? The problem has not been resolved.

• 05-10-2014 8:04 AM In reply to

furrywombat - fully working on this.  Sorry for lack of communication - head down in solving it.

BTW - the problem wasn't caused by your large data call. Totally unrelated.  Not security related either. It was a dev ops blunder.

• 05-10-2014 8:13 AM In reply to

Paul, I understand intimately the focus required. Just wanted to make sure this wasn't flagged as resolved, so will wait to hear from you.

Interesting timing on the data call vs. blunder. The exact second that call was made, it stopped working.

Take your time. Will patiently await your reply.

• 05-10-2014 8:28 AM In reply to

furrywombat - This has been resolved. Hope we got back to you in time. Please let us know if you are still having problems with the API.

• 05-10-2014 8:33 AM In reply to

Manish,

The issue has not been resolved. I am still not able to connect. Still getting error:

PHP Fatal error: 'Function ("MethodAPIFieldListV2") is not a valid method for this service' 

• 05-10-2014 8:41 AM In reply to

Manish,

Please check the server settings for any recent blacklisted IP entries. If you're seeing this as resolved, and I am not, I wonder if any one of your servers is preventing calls coming from ours for whatever reason. Again, going back to my assertion that this whole thing started when we made a massive call to the item database. It stopped working, within seconds, of making this call.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >