Method Community

Using Method API to import an invoice

Last post 06-06-2014 10:56 AM by Method_Chris. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2014 5:13 PM

Using Method API to import an invoice

Is possible to use the Method API to import an vendor invoice into Method? If it is possible is there an example out there? Thank you.

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 05-15-2014 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Using Method API to import an invoice

OK,

I figured out that you can indeed use the API to insert invocies but there are 2 tables involved. How do I link Bill and BillLineItem tables togther when we use API for the invoice insertation? Anything else we should look out for? Thank you very much for your help.

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 05-29-2014 4:17 PM In reply to

Method API to import an invoice but the inserted invoice is not syncing automatically

Looks like I am talking to myself here. Could someone give us some guideance here please?

We were able to get the invoice to insert via Method API. However, it does not seem to be syncing with QB until we log into Method, bring up the invoice and click save then it will sync with QB. We did not flag Sync Aprpove field, it is unchecked so I would assuming that once the transaction is insert into Method it should sync with QB. What am I missing here. Is there an API equvilent of "Save" after insertion that I missed? 

Thank you for any Help

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 05-29-2014 4:38 PM In reply to

Re: Method API to import an invoice but the inserted invoice is not syncing automatically

Answer

Jason - SORRY!  

You need to use the SendToDesktop API call.  

What happens is when an invoice is created, it won't go to QuickBooks yet because it has no line items. But when you add line items, it doesn't know when you are finished.  Calling SendToDesktop says "I'm done - let 'er fly".

Paul

• 06-04-2014 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: Method API to import an invoice but the inserted invoice is not syncing automatically

Paul,

Thank you so much, problem solved. With Method API and spreadsheet we now can do so much more.

Moving on to the next question. We created another problem that use the API to insert records to the InventoryAdjustmentLine table . When we tried to use the MethodAPIActionSendToDesktopV2 to close the insertion we got the error message "Failure. The Table does not support delete." I know that InventoryAdjustmentLine table is tricky due to the implmentation of QB SDK. The record was inserted correctly when viewed from Method it was just not "saved" or sync to the desktop. Is there another API we need to use to save to the desktop?

Thank you again for helping us out.

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 06-04-2014 10:15 AM In reply to

Hi. 

Best not to use that table. It is legacy from a warehouse app we discontinued. It will be retired over the long term, or be repurposed to work with QuickBooks Enhanced Inventory (no immediate plans for that). 

Thanks!

Chris

• 06-04-2014 10:54 AM In reply to

Re: InventoryAdjusmentLine Table Error

Chris,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am not quite sure what your answer mean. We use the API insert function to the InventoryAdjumentLine Table and receive an error message: "Failure. The Table does not support delete." when we use the API call "MethodAPIActionSendToDesktopV2" to "save" the insertion. Since inventory adjustment is a build in function in QuickBooks, I don't see why or how the table can be retired or repurposed. Just to clearify, I am talking about the tables used in the Inventory Adjustment screen. Thank you again for your help.

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 06-06-2014 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: InventoryAdjusmentLine Table Error

HI Jason, sorry for the delay. 

The table InventoryAdjumentLine has never been tied to QuickBooks. It is legacy from the old Method Warehouse app that has been discontinued.  The Inventory Adjustment screen is also legacy from the Method Warehouse app.

Thanks!

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)