Method Community

Delete Customers

Last post 05-23-2014 9:51 AM by Method_Russell. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2014 1:13 PM

Delete Customers

I originally linked with QuickBooks and brought in all the QuickBook customers into method.

Now I have broken the QuickBooks link and want to clear the method customer table so we are starting off fresh (without anything to do with QuickBooks).

What is the best way of doing this?

When I try to delete a customer in method it it still showing (although it says the record cannot be found).

Thanks.

• 05-22-2014 1:44 PM In reply to

Re: Delete Customers

Hi cga1982,

Can I ask why you are trying to do this?

Customers are sync'd between Method and QuickBooks, so there is no way of having them in 1 but not the other. However you have various alternatives to this, such as filtering the customers in Method.

-Russell

• 05-22-2014 3:29 PM In reply to

We have decided to use method (in the beginning) as a sales tool for some new employees.

The boss was not impressed with the junior salespeople having access to anything in QuickBooks - maybe in a few months.... (I know, I know).

I am not sure why I cannot delete the customers from within method - I xelete them Ok but method tells me that the customer cannot be found but still shows the name in method.

Thanks Russell.

Glen

• 05-22-2014 4:13 PM In reply to

Hi Glen,

Method is designed to be used as an add on to QuickBooks, and always connected. Although it is possible to use Method on its own, you won't be able to take full advantage of the platform so this isn't recommended. It is probably due to to the disconnection between QuickBooks and Method that you are getting the customer cannot be found issue.

However I don't recommend reconnecting Method to QuickBooks right away. Since you deleted the contacts in Method, the sync will try to delete the contacts in QuickBooks as well - probably not what you want. If you would like, I can reset your Method account so that you can start fresh again.

If you would like to set permissions for what your employees can see and do in Method, there are many ways of doing this. For example you could create a role for all your junior salespeople, and hide certain data or screens from this role. For more information on roles in Method, please see this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AnvoII55U0&feature=youtu.be&hd=1.

Hope this helps!

-Russell

• 05-23-2014 6:28 AM In reply to

Please reset my method account so we can start fresh again.

Thanks Russell.

Glen

• 05-23-2014 8:10 AM In reply to

Sure Glen. Just to confirm, after the reset you will lose any customizations/screens you have made in your account. Your account will be in the same state as when you first signed up.

Want me to proceed with the reset?

• 05-23-2014 8:23 AM In reply to

Do you know our company name (to be able to do the reset)?

I assume that the reset leaves my 2 other users still attached to the company file.

Let's do it.

Thanks.

Glen

• 05-23-2014 9:51 AM In reply to

Hi Glen,

If you are referring to users in Method, these would be deleted with the reset. Of course you could add them again following the reset. 

Could you actually call our support line to have your account reset? This won't take long, we just have to verify we reset the right account Smile

Our support can be reached at 1-888-925-6238 ex. 2

-Russell

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)