Method Community

Contract Change Orders

Last post 05-30-2014 9:24 PM by fran. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2014 9:22 PM

Contract Change Orders

We are a Contrator using Field Service module and create Workorders for scheduled jobs.  Sometimes we need to make changes to the job (add items, or take away items), and we need customers to sign off to approve these change orders.  I cannot see any discussion of this topic in the Forums.  What is the best process to follow for creating change orders?

Thanks!

• 05-30-2014 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: Contract Change Orders

Hi Davewalter,

Here's my answer. As you mentioned you want to add or delete items from your existing workorder, for that you can go to Field Service Center ->WorkOrder List-> select the existing work order. It will give you Add/Edit Work order, from that screen you can add or delete the items you wants, in that way you can make changes to your work order. Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

-Inder

• 05-30-2014 9:24 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: Contract Change Orders

Hi DaveWalter,

Inder is technically correct in his answer but that result does not leave you with a tracking of what changed and why.  You may not want to delete the original items from your workorder. In that case then you may want to consider adding a field or two to your work order grid, like a flag to if the line is a WO change and a date field.maybe even an approval date .  Then design a new workorder form that shows these changes and includes a spot for a signature... If need help any of the MSP's or Method can assist you with these changes 

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)