Method Community

Custom URL Field

Last post 06-03-2014 9:20 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2014 4:13 PM

Custom URL Field

Is there a way to create a custom field that will hold a URL that links to a webpage (like a link to my Google Drive account), so when a user clicks on the link it will open a new window to this webpage?

Thank you

• 06-03-2014 9:20 AM In reply to

Re: Custom URL Field

Hi Davewalter,

Here's my answer. You can achieve this by various methods, herewith mentioning few of them.

1. Save the hyperlink code into an action result.  I used <a href="*"  target="_blank">*</a> . The "*" are place holders for the actual web address.
    2. Use a character function to replace the * with the website address.
    3. Take the action result from the character function and enter it into a Label field on screen. 

This will show the label as a link and when clicked, will load the webpage in a new tab.

The other option is to use the Load Web Page action. The Facebook and Twitter icons on the CRM_Contacts page use this function and load the Twitter and Facebook pages based on the values entered into those fields.  You can reverse engineer those actions to fit your needs. here is the link for more information about load webpage.
    Moreover you can also create a button and assign an action to it , on button click -> load web page and enter the URl of the website so whenever user will click on the button it will open the website in the new webpage.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)