Method Community

Importing/Exporting Tags

Last post 06-09-2014 8:56 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2014 5:49 PM

Importing/Exporting Tags

I need to import a new batch of contacts/leads and I would like to include their tags. Also, how would I export current contacts with their tags?

• 06-09-2014 8:56 AM In reply to

Re: Importing/Exporting Tags

Hi Appletonator,

Tags are stored in the TagList field, separate by commas, with no spaces. The first and last tag are wrapped with a comma. So, if you had a contact you were importing that was a friend and a partner, you could import them with this format: ",Friend,Partner,".
    NOTE: at this time, importing a new tag into a field doesn't automatically create a new tag. So if you imported ",Friend,Partner,Competitor," and "Competitor" was not an existing tag in Method, after the import "Competitor" will likely display temporarily, but as soon as you hover over the tags a validation will occur and "Competitor" will disappear. Instead, it is recommended that you first import new tags into the Tag table, and make sure you specify the correct table the tag belongs to - or just manually enter your unique tags before importing.

To Export Current Contacts with their Tags, click on  Customize-> Integration Tools->Export a table to file. In option 2, Pick a Table, first uncheck the show only common tables, once you do that, select the contact table form the dropdown. In 3 step choose Export fiels, first Unselect all by clicking on the unselect Button located at the bottom of the list and then select Name, Taglist and all other fields that you want to export. Then move to step 5 and click on Export to file. This will export your contacts file to the Excel format with the tags. Herewith also providing you a link to our Helpcenter where we have a amazing article on the Tags.

Hope this helps

-inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)