Method Community

How do I remove an entity from CRM that doesn't appear to exist in Quickbooks

Last post 08-26-2014 2:24 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2014 3:06 PM

How do I remove an entity from CRM that doesn't appear to exist in Quickbooks

I have several entities that exist in CRM for a single company in quickbooks. When I attempt to open two of the three entities in the customer center I get a text box that opens and says "The record you are trying to load does not exist, or you do not have permission to view it." How can I remove these customers without messing up CRM or Quickbooks?

I have already tried resolving conflicts under the quickbooks tab in CRM but that did not remove the entities. I know that several synchs have occured since this problem began so that does not appear to be helping either.

Thank you for reading.

• 08-26-2014 2:24 PM In reply to

Re: How do I remove an entity from CRM that doesn't appear to exist in Quickbooks

Hi Scott,

The error you are seeing is usually due to the actual entity record getting archived for some reason. Are these entities appearing as conflicts? Did you attempt to delete the entity?

You can find out if they are conflicts by looking up the EntityRecordID. To find it, click the gear icon on the Customer and Contacts List screen. Check off the EntityRecordID field and click update:

Once you have the recordID's, look them up in your conflicts. If they are there, you can likely do a "Refetch" and bring the Entity record back. If that doesn't work or you don't see the records, you can either create a screen to delete the contact record, or give us a call and we could bring the entity back. If you'd like, just give us a call at 1-888-925-6238 x2 and we can help you out.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)