Method Community

API Login Failure during Trial

Last post 09-14-2014 8:41 AM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2014 5:16 PM

API Login Failure during Trial

Hello:

I setup a trial account and have it linked to quickbook desktop and all is working well.  I setup a user for the API, checking the box to allow API access.  Using the following link as a test:

https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/service.asmx?op=MethodAPITableListV2

However, when executing the test, I receive an account/password error.  I use the same account and password that works for login to the Method website UI.  I have tried both with email and username and have the same result.

I'm wondering if the API login is not enabled for trial customers?  We would like to evaluate the API functionality as part of our research.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

Brad

• 09-14-2014 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: API Login Failure during Trial

Hi Brad - yes the API should certainly work during the trial. When you use the link above, if you use the exact same user credentials to login, it should work just fine. But a couple words of caution:

(1) Better to not use your email. Use your User Name instead.

(2) Don't put anything in the SessionID in this case.  Either you would use a Password, or a SessionID.  In the simpliest of examples, the password is desired.

HTHs,

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)