Method Community

Item Update - Subitem - Sync Engine - QuickBooks

Last post 10-08-2014 4:12 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2014 2:13 PM

Item Update - Subitem - Sync Engine - QuickBooks

If I set an item to be a Subitem of something else, save it then attempt to reverse the change by clearing the Subitem and saving again, the sync engine reverts the change, keeping it as a Subitem.

I see in QuickBooks when editing an Item there is a checkbox along with the Subitem selection dropdown list. When I clear the dropdown and uncheck the checkbox, the sync engine updates Method successfully.

Is this is a feature or bug?

Thanks

Blake C
  • 10-08-2014 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: Item Update - Subitem - Sync Engine - QuickBooks

Hello Blake C,

Here's my answer. I tried the steps you mentioned above and replicate the same issue as described by you. I believe once you are trying to clear the "Subitem of" field in Method and you send back to QB,it seems like it does not like the blank value since you can change the value to something else and there is no option to leave it blank. With that being said, there is not default option in Method as to remove the "Subitem of" Option as the one in QB. But definitely you can remove it from QB, by unchecking the "Subitem of" checkbox. I will look into this and will keep you posted on it.

I hope that helps!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)