Method Community

How to Add BillEmail Field to Invoice Screen

Last post 10-10-2014 1:48 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2014 3:26 PM

How to Add BillEmail Field to Invoice Screen

Greetings,

Could I get help to add the 'BillEmail' field to our customer invoice screen. Right now when the invoice syncs to QuickbBooks to be sent the email addresses are no longer populating like they would if the invoice were created in QuickBooks.

Also the 'Class' field is not available in Method CRM so when the invoice syncs with QuickBooks we have to edit the invoice to modify that field. Is this an available field we could add also?

Thank you!

Jennifer Lane

ISA

P: 319 362 0480 

• 10-09-2014 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: How to Add BillEmail Field to Invoice Screen

Hello Jennifer,

Here's my answer. You can definitely add the BillEmail field to the Invoice screen by first copying the Invoice screen and then click on edit screen, then drag the BillEmail field from the Add field option from the left pane to the screen. Once the field is added to the screen, you have to assign actions to the butCalculateAddresses button under the Add/Edit Invoice section on the screen to populate the email address into the BillEmail field. (By default the BillEmail field is not available on the Invoice screen and that is why there are no action assigned regarding that field on the screen. So once you add that field to the screen you have to add the action also to populate value in that field.)

Once you click on edit on butCalculateAddresses field, add Assign value to action result and set the action as described in the screenshot below on order no. 14

Once you assign that action, add one more action Enter Value into Field On screen to populate the email address in to the BillEmail field on order no 49.

Click on finish and Publish the screen, and test it on your Invoice screen it should populate the email address on the invoice screen. I have tested it on my account and it is working fine.

Also, you mentioned about Class Field, Yes it is available in method, click on the edit for InvoiceLineItem Grid -> go to Step 2 of 9 : Grid Columns -> scroll down to Class column and click on Adavanced -> Uncheck the checkbox Hidden on Screen first Loads -> Save & Close , Finish and Publish the screen and check your Invoice line item grid and you should have a class cloumn there.

I hope that helps!

-Inder

• 10-10-2014 1:05 PM In reply to

I have created a copy of the invoice and am editing the screen. I added a row to the bill to/ship to section and dragged the Bill Email field to the section. When I click the edit button and get to the second section to add the action I am not able to select 'email' for the last drop down item. The only option I have is 'Make sure action is within a 'Start Loop' action

I also am not sure how to assign the 'butCalculateAddress' button under the Add/Edit Invoice section on the screen to populate the email address into the BillEmail field.

If I could have someone help me in a 'Go To Meeting' online that would be great!

Thank you!

Jennifer

• 10-10-2014 1:37 PM In reply to

Hello Jennifer,

You do not have to assign any action to BillEmail field, you have to assign the above actions to "butCalculateAddress" field only. "butCalculateAddress" field is present under Add/Edit invoice section. Also, attaching the screenshot for the same.

In case of any issues, please let me know.

Hope that helps!

-Inder

• 10-10-2014 1:42 PM In reply to

Thank you for the help, all seems to be working now! 

Thank you for taking the time to walk me through this.

Jennifer

• 10-10-2014 1:48 PM In reply to

Hello Jennifer,

I am glad that it is working for you. Wish you a great weekend!

-Inder 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)