Method Community

Field Alignment on Customized Screens

Last post 10-14-2014 4:40 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2014 5:35 PM

Field Alignment on Customized Screens

When setting up a new section with 2 cells on a screen, I'm getting alignment problems.  Fields in the right cell are aligned against the right margin, and the field labels often don't align with the fields themselves.  You can see an example in the Preferences/Household section below.  The format settings for these fields seem to be the same as fields in the template-generated sections of the screen, which appear fine.  Any ideas are very welcome - thanks.

Mike

• 10-08-2014 8:36 PM In reply to

Re: Field Alignment on Customized Screens

Tagged for answers.  I've run into the same issues.

• 10-09-2014 4:44 PM In reply to

Hello Mike,

Can you provide me the screen shot for the same, I am trying to reproduce it on my account  but I need more information. Is this is happening on a particualr screen? You also mentioned that field labels don't allign with fields, how they are not alligning. Please provide me with a bit of more information so that I can look into it and give you resolution for the same.

-Inder

• 10-09-2014 4:45 PM In reply to

Thanks industrialrobotix for letting me know I'm not alone out there.  Any Method techs out there who can help with this?

• 10-09-2014 4:57 PM In reply to

MethodScreenShot

Sorry, just saw your post.  Here's a screen shot of what I'm running into.

Thanks,

Mike

• 10-09-2014 5:04 PM In reply to

And here is what the offset fields in the right cell look like in the Preferences/Household row.

Offset

• 10-10-2014 11:39 AM In reply to

Hello techconnect,

Here's my answer. Adding one more column to your screen will fix the issue. Right now you have three colums on your screen and out of which left two columns are occupied by other text object and on the third column when you add a textbox or any other object, they do not expand properly because of the limited space. I have tested this on my account and by adding one more column fix this issue.

You can also narrow down the space beween the text box caption(TVCReligAffil) and the box by renaming it to "&nbsp        TVCReligAffil". This moved "TVCReligFill" to start 7 spaces over to right. You can rename it with as many spaces as you want to fit it to your requirement. In this case it is  &nbsp + 7 spaces + TVCReligAffil.

Hope that helps!

-Inder

• 10-10-2014 12:43 PM In reply to

Thanks very much.  Trying your suggestions now, a quick question on the &nbsp.  That goes in the Caption box when editing the field?  And do you insert actual spaces in the statement, like

"&nbsp TVCReligA ffil"

would place 1 space between the caption and the box?

Thanks,

Mike

• 10-10-2014 1:46 PM In reply to

Hello Mike,

Once you click edit on the text box you added, you get a pop-up screen for setting up properties. Step1 of 4, under Caption: you can rename it with actual spaces between   and your caption.

Depending on your need you can add spaces between them. You can always change it, till you get your desired result.

Hope that helps!

-Inder

• 10-12-2014 8:00 AM In reply to

Thanks for your input on it - I still couldn't get the alignment to work, so I just put the captions on top of the boxes for now.  At some point I'll revisit it and spend some more time.  Thanks again.

• 10-14-2014 4:40 PM In reply to

You are welcome. I would suggest to add one more column, basically right now you are working with three cells in each row, once you expand it to 4 cells it should work fine. Test it and let me know the result.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)