Method Community

Issue with images in estimates

Last post 10-14-2014 4:51 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2014 10:07 PM

Issue with images in estimates

I modified my estimate page so that I can insert a picture.  I upload it, plop it in the text box, and its usually good to go.  Today when working from home on my laptop, every time I try to upload and use a picture, I get a red X box on the PDF form.  It works fine from my office PC, but for some reason it's not working from my laptop.  Images are JPG, and don't have any weird characters in their names...

Ever run into this?

• 10-10-2014 1:12 PM In reply to

Re: Issue with images in estimates

Hello Industrialrobotix,

Here's my answer. If it is working on your office PC, it should also work on your laptop. I am not sure why this is happening, but htere are few things you can try on your laptop:

- Try to update the Adobe PDF version.

- Change the browser.

-  Disable add-ins on your browser and try it.

- Apart from your laptop, try it on other computer or any other laptop and see if the issue still appear on those computer or laptop.

I am not sure how you have set up that field on your method Estimate Screen, if you can turn on Method Support (Customize -> Users -> MethodSupport -> click on the checkbox and let me know), I can definitely look into that. Let me know.

Hope that helps!

-Inder

• 10-14-2014 1:13 AM In reply to

Thanks.  One workaround I've tried is using my photobucket accuont and linking the picture rather than uploading it.  Seems to work fine.

I'll try the above as well.  I use Google Chrome for a browser.  Not sure what version Adobe PDF is but I'll download the latest.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll let you know how it goes.

• 10-14-2014 4:51 PM In reply to

I am glad it is working for you. Let me know.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)