Method Community

Custom Web-to-Lead Form: How to populate the Name field from a combination of the First Name and Last Name fields

Last post 10-15-2014 1:26 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2014 2:29 PM

Custom Web-to-Lead Form: How to populate the Name field from a combination of the First Name and Last Name fields

I'm creating a custom Web to lead form. How do populate the Name field from a combination of the First Name and Last Name fields. I assume I have to put a formula in for the "Name" field to pull in the other info from the other firleds when they are populated. What formula will do that? Also I want it to fill in the Last name followed by a space and then the First name.

Also can you set the default value for Opportunity Close Date to fill in the current date?

Thanks

• 10-15-2014 1:26 PM In reply to

Re: Custom Web-to-Lead Form: How to populate the Name field from a combination of the First Name and Last Name fields

Hello Cameron222,

Here's my answer. In order to achieve this, first create a Standard Web-to-lead form, and then on step 8 of 9: Edit Field Description, look for the formulas for Customer-ContactCopy the formula and you can use this formula for populating First name and last name in your desired field. In the last line of the formula after if statement, switch the FirstName with LastName and vice versa. This will populate Last name followed by space and then the first name.

Also, you can set the default value for Opportunity Close Date to current date by using this formula NOW()

I hope this helps!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)