Method Community

Need some help

Last post 10-16-2014 3:06 PM by Marcelo11756. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2014 7:59 AM

Need some help

I created a new tab "update selected work orders" next to the "Activities and Work Orders" tab in the Field Service Customer screen.

The idea is to be able to update several Job Setups at once (work orders series recurrence type)

So far I got the "change status" and "change assing to" working, but I am having trouble making the "change price to " work.

I think that It may have something to do that the price of a work order series is in a different table?

• 10-16-2014 11:59 AM In reply to

Re: Need some help

Hello Marcelo11756,

Here's my asnwer. I tried to replicate the same thing on my account and it is working fine. So here is what I did, I added a TextBox object to the screen infront of the Change price to Checkbox object and then I added action to Update button. I have assigned the actions similar to the "Change Status" and "Change Assign to" fields. Make sure you select the right field(Total amount) to update the value you will get from text box. So once you click the update button it takes the value from the text box and update the Total Amount field on the grid. If you have any question let me know.

I hope this helps!

-Inder

• 10-16-2014 12:26 PM In reply to

This is what I have and is not changing it for me

update table    Activity

update field    TotalAmount

value from    Value from screen

Price (this is the text box with the new price)

where the field   TotalAmount

=

Value from screen

Price

• 10-16-2014 12:54 PM In reply to

Hello Mareclo11756,

I have few questions, what exactly you are trying to achieve? Even you are able to change the price for the workorder, what if there are two or multiple line items in your workorder, for ex. If you have two line items $10 each totalling to $20. But through the new screen lets say you want to update the the price to $30, the updated workorder will be off $10+$10 = $30. this screen to update th eprice will only work if you have only single line item in yore workorder. In case of recurring workorder they might not have any line items at all and therefore no total.

Question to your action is

"Where the field  RecordID

=

Action Result

resultRecordID.

I hope this helps!

-Inder

• 10-16-2014 2:14 PM In reply to

I did what you said, but still not working

All my work orders have one line item, there are recurring (some done once a year some several times a year) I can change the status and the assing to fine, but i can not change the price

• 10-16-2014 2:47 PM In reply to

Hello Marcelo11756,

Here are some other actions that you can check to make sure if you entering them right. 

Start Conditional Statement : 

Value from screen : Change Price to =

Type in : Checked

Start Conditional Statement : 

Value from screen : Price 

Not equal to

Type in : 

Can you please confirm if they are same.

-Inder

• 10-16-2014 3:06 PM In reply to

Now is working, thanks

Now my next question is by changing the price of a work order (series) how will affect the ocurrences?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)