Method Community

Grid SQL Override for YesNo

Last post 10-21-2014 10:13 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2014 1:19 PM

Grid SQL Override for YesNo

In the Advanced SQL Override of AssignedTo field of the grid in CaseList, I need to add a line that indicates a message if IsClosedBySelfService = 'Yes'.  I tried adding + CASE WHEN viewCases.IsClosedBySelfService = 'Yes' THEN '<br /><b>Self Closed</b>' ELSE '' END but that causes the grid not to display at all.  I get"Error Generating Grid ..."  Whats the proper logical syntax to use YesNo columns in the  SQL Override in a grid cell?  Merely adding the IsClosedBySelfService column into the grid is not sufficient for what we need.

• 10-21-2014 9:11 AM In reply to

Re: Grid SQL Override for YesNo

Hello Robert.Cowart,

I understand that by adding the column is not serving your purpose. Can you please provide me more detail on what are you trying to achieve here, that will help me to guide you in the right direction.

-Inder

• 10-21-2014 10:06 AM In reply to

I figured it out.  To use a YesNo (binary) column in the Advanced SQL Override, you can use:   

(CASE WHEN IsClosedBySelfService = 1 THEN 'true text, ' ELSE 'false text' END) 

Issue resolved....  Thanks.

• 10-21-2014 10:13 AM In reply to

I am glad that your issue is resolved and thanks for sharing the resolution.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)