Method Community

Multiple contacts per customer - sending proposals

Last post 10-27-2014 4:14 PM by Method_Noel. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2014 4:01 PM

Multiple contacts per customer - sending proposals

Many of my customers have multiple contacts, some are in different facilities, etc.  I need to be able to send a quote to certain contacts for each customer.  Right now when I send an estimate, it defaults to whomever is the main contact for that company.

How can I select which contact I want to send an estimate to?

• 10-23-2014 8:36 AM In reply to

Re: Multiple contacts per customer - sending proposals

Hello,

Transactions (estimates, invoices, sales orders) deal with Customers. 'Customer' is a unique identifier between Method and Quickbooks. Only the primary and alternate contacts in Quickbooks are sent to Method. Any other Contacts created in Method can be used for CRM purposes only and will not sync to Quickbooks.

You can not create estimates for individual contacts (other than the main contact ) but you can send to individual contacts by modifying the Opt Out Of Billing? option. This option controls which contacts get billing emails such as estimates and invoice notifications. To see exactly which contacts have this option selected you can select to show the Opt Out Of Biling? column, as seen in the image below. If you want a contact to receive billing emails, edit the contact and uncheck this option. If you only want a single contact to receive billing emails, ensure they are the only one with the option Opt Out Of Billing unchecked.

Noel
  • 10-26-2014 12:33 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Noel's answer is correct but if you find yourself constantly changing who is Opted in or Out - another approach would require customization (which could be involved) but would get you more flexible results.  

Add a listing of contacts for specific customer estimate is for. Choose who you want to email document to.

Adjust email actions to accomodate these additional names. Email document.  

You won't have a record of who you sent doc to so You may also want to adjust the  activity associated with emailing so that you know who you sent th document to. 

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 10-26-2014 9:17 PM In reply to

Even though I have multiple contacts, it always seems to default to the main contact for the company regardless of the opt out boxes.

Is it possible to put in a request for the new Method to have a selection in areas we are going to be sending emails - whether it's just a standard email, estimate, invoice, etc?  Seems that would be very useful rather than having to go change Opt out boxes - that's kind of a really long way around especially when working with multiple customers in a company.

• 10-27-2014 4:14 PM In reply to

Hei industrialrobotix,

For another option check out Inder's response to a similar query here. 

Noel

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)