Method Community

Making Schedule A Follow Up Show

Last post 10-24-2014 8:07 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2014 11:47 AM

Making Schedule A Follow Up Show

Hey all...

I'm trying to get "Schedule a follow up" to show automatically in the "Edit Cases" screen.  I have found that it is not as easy as just having the little box default to checked.  Although in creating a New Case, this does work.

There is no apparant option under Advance Screen Options for loading this automatically.

Any ideas?

Meghan

• 10-23-2014 1:42 PM In reply to

Re: Making Schedule A Follow Up Show

Hello Meghan,

Here's my answer. You can definitely set the Schedule a follow up to show automatically on the Edit Case Screen everytime it loads. Here are the steps that you can try:

- Create a copy of the Edit Case screen and then click on the Advanced Screen Properties option.

- Add action Enter Value into Field on screen and update the "Schedule a Follow-up?" field with Type In value Yes.

- Add another action Call Another Action Set and select the action set for Case Dialog & New/Edit Activity >> Schedule a follow up?_click.

- Click on Publish

-  Reload the Edit Case screen and you will get the desired result.

Hope this helps!

-Inder

• 10-23-2014 2:47 PM In reply to

Inder,

I followed your steps exactly... but I'm still not getting the Schedule Follow up to automatically appear.  

I'm wondering if the Action "Call OnScreenLoadButton" has anything to do with this?  

Meghan

• 10-23-2014 3:32 PM In reply to

Hello Meghan,

Firstly, Call OnScreen Load Button has nothing to do with this. Here are few things that I want you to check:

- Make sure that your "Call OnScreenLoadButton" is number one on order action sequence, then "Enter value into Field" and lastly "Call another Action Set Case dialog & New/Edit Activity>> Schedule a Follow up?_click."

- Make sure to select "Schedule a follow up ?" field while selecting a value for "Enter value into field on screen".

-After publihing ther screen, replace the tablink with the newly modified EditCase screen.

Try these options and let me know the result.

-Inder

• 10-23-2014 3:59 PM In reply to

You nailed it, Inder!  I was selecting "Schedule a follow up" instead of "Schedule a follow up ?" as the field when selecting the value.

Thank you for your patience and help!

Meghan

• 10-23-2014 4:05 PM In reply to

As an aside... do I follow the same instructions to make Internal? default to Yes..."

• 10-23-2014 4:11 PM In reply to

I am glad it worked for you :)

Have a great day!

-Inder

• 10-24-2014 8:07 AM In reply to

Yes, to make the Internal? to "Yes", just follow the same steps, or you can even select the default value for that field. When you click on edit on Internal? field make sure on step 1 of 3 Checkbox properties on the Default value click on the checkbox to make it as a default.

Hope this helps!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)