Method Community

Custom Pricing Questions

Last post 10-24-2014 3:07 PM by Method_Noel. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2014 1:08 PM

Custom Pricing Questions

I am a new Method CRM user and new to these forums and I have some questions.  I have been reviewing a how-to that Justin set up on custom pricing and before I pull the trigger on it I want to make sure I understand it.

Does the customization outlined in the how-to article affect all customers or just the ones that have custom pricing?  In other words anyone who does not have custom pricing will default to standard pricing.  I have maybe 8 or 10 dealers who have custom pricing structures and the rest of our dealers and customers use the standard pricing.  From reading the how-to article it looks like this customization looks at the "Customer Job" field in the Sales Order tab or the "Customer" field in the Invoices tab to go out and get the prices from Quickbooks. Method looks at Quickbooks to see if a customer has custom pricing. If there is custom pricing set up in Quickbooks it uses that if not it uses the default or "Standard" pricing.  Am I correct in my thinking?

Also, I know enough to only customize a copy of a screen but I am not sure of the proper way to post the screen to Method once I am done customizing it.  I read something about how I have to Pubish the screen and then save it??  It that right or is there another way to post customized screens?  Thanks.

• 10-24-2014 3:07 PM In reply to

Re: Custom Pricing Questions

Hi DAllen100,

Welcome to the Method forums! Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

To answer your first query, yes you are correct in your thinking. Provided your customization is correct, Method will apply the custom price level to those 8 or 10 dealers and standard pricing will apply to all others that do not have custom price levels in Quickbooks.

To post a customized screen, I recommend the following steps;

Customize -> Screens -> Copy the stock screen.

-Step 1 : Select 'Copy from this account'.

-Step 2 : Define the new screen name.

-Step 3 : Do not add a Tab Link

Customize your new screen and save.

To post your new screen, create a copy of the customized screen and in Step 3 of the Copy Screen Wizard select Replace Links to an Existing Screen. Ensure you select the original stock screen when replacing links.

Hope this helps!

Noel

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)