Method Community

Payment Gateway / Credit Card Processing

Last post 10-27-2014 12:58 PM by Method_Noel. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2014 2:29 PM

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Payment Gateway / Credit Card Processing

Hello,

We are just starting a Method implementation for a client who needs to handle credit card processing through Method. I’m new to this so I’m reaching out for some advice.

First Data is my client’s credit card processor. It is my understanding that they could set up an authorize.net gateway and the transaction would be processed through this. Is this correct?

Is there a card reader for a pc that integrates with Method so we can swipe cards for walk in customers?

Is there a mobile card reader that integrates with Method so we can swipe cards from the delivery truck?

Thanks in advance

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 10-27-2014 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: Payment Gateway / Credit Card Processing

Hi mahlonf,

Yes, you are correct. Method supports Authorize.net as a payment gateway and Authorize.net supports First Data as card processing platform.

Unfortunately I can not say whether or not there is a card reader that will meet your client's needs as I am not aware of any instances where one has been implemented before. If you can plug in a USB card reader, open up the Receive Payment screen in Method, swipe the card and have it populate fields then it may work. You may also be able to customize how the reader works and interacts with websites. Click here to view a previous forum post on this subject.

Should I hear of any users successfully integrating a card reader I will update both this post and the previous one.

Noel

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)