Method Community

Assign multiple users

Last post 10-27-2014 9:52 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2014 10:54 AM

Assign multiple users

I have customized my activities calendar so it shows work orders and I have the calendar syncing with each users google calendar.  I am now wondering, if two of the users are going to the same job on the same day, what would the best way for me to have that work order appointment show on both of their calendars? Is it possible to add a second "assigned to" field to the work order, and if so would it screw up anything?  I have looked at teams, but that does not add it to the calendar, I have also gone to the google calendar and copied the appointment from the original assignee's calendar to the 2nd workers calendar and that shows up fine on the google cal, but when it syncs back to Method, Method recognizes it as a new activity.  I have a couple of work arounds, but they all include numerous steps which of course leaves room for errors or just getting side tracked in the middle of it.

Thank you in advance for any input.

• 10-27-2014 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Assign multiple users

Hello Maureen,

Here's my answer. One way to achieve what you're looking for would be to create a user such as Team 1, asssign that user the WO, and have each user load the calendar for the Team 1 user.  Another way would be to create a project and assign each user the exact same activity in the project. The point you mentioned that you want to see workorder on both of their calender won't be possible and if it has to work that way it might require heavy customization because of the way the properties of the calender are set. You can also refer to this forum post on the similar issue.

Hope this helps!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)