Method Community

User default filter views

Last post 10-27-2014 1:39 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2014 9:17 AM

User default filter views

Is there a way for users to each have their own default filter views for screens? I have looked through all the help menus and forum, but can't seem to find where/how I would do this. I do understand where to set a default view, but then that view is everyone's default.

Thanks

• 10-27-2014 1:39 PM In reply to

Re: User default filter views

Hello Maureen,

Here's my answer. I believe that you want to set the default filter views for the grid available on the screen for different users. Yes definitely you can set the default filter view for your users. In order to achieve that you have to customize that screen. For example, lets say you have two users (User1, user2) and you want to set the default filter view for Estimates for those two users differently. 

For User1 = My Estimates

For User2 = Shared Active Estimates

In order to achieve that, make a copy of the Estimate screenand click on edit, then click on the Advanced Screen Properties option, then on Step 2 of 5 : Actions, OnScreenLoadadd event add action to screen :

- Start Condition statement

"Value from Session"  - "User-Username"

Equal to 

Type In - User1

Add another action,

"Set View Filter"

"Grid /Table" - "EstimateList"

"View" - "My Estimates"

Similarly , repeat the steps for User2. In this way you can set default filter views for your users and whenever Estimate screen loads it will load set the filter view according to the User.

I hope this helps!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)