Method Community

Difference between Rights and Permissions?

Last post 11-05-2014 4:13 PM by mahlonf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2014 5:28 AM

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Difference between Rights and Permissions?

Could you explain the difference between Rights and Permissions?

I was able to add a new Right, but not able to figure out where it's supposed to show up.

Also didn't see anything in 101 Customization for this unless I'm missing something

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 11-05-2014 4:01 PM In reply to

Re: Difference between Rights and Permissions?

Hello Mahlon,

Here's my answer. Each Method App can use permission rights to control the user experience. Access,View, Customize and Manage are default and required rights that each app has. You may also enhance your app with additional rights like Edit, Create Delete and Aprrove

Permissions are set of Rights. Currently in Method, we have not enabled the Rights section, so when you see the  apps which are part of the pack provided by Method, you will notice that the Rights are disabled.

But if you create a custom app, you will notice that you can enable additional rights Edit, Create Delete and Approve by clicking on the Rights menu for enahacing the user experience. Once you enable them on the Rights menu, you will notice that those rights are also enabled on Permissions menu. This feature right now is not working in method.

In future we might consider to change that option.

-Inder

• 11-05-2014 4:13 PM In reply to

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Re: Difference between Rights and Permissions?

That helps me understand. Thanks!

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)